The Holiday Lake 50k is 2 days away! On Saturday I’m going to be freezing, exhausted, and sore, but more importantly I’m going to meet up with an old friend…Pizza. The meeting will be brief. So brief in fact that I will probably not even recall inhaling this beautiful piece of food, but by golly it’s going to taste FANTASTIC!
Three weeks ago I gave up pizza, ON PURPOSE, with the sole purpose of giving myself a reward to look forward to during the race.
My mental plan of attack:
- Give up something you love 2-3 weeks leading up to a tough event
- -For me that’s the three amigos of deliciousness (Pizza, Beer, Cookies)
- Reward yourself after the event
Race day is fast approaching for the Holiday Lake 50k. One more week to go. Training is essentially done and now all I have to do is sit here and TAPER. This means that you run way way less than normal to rest your legs up for race day. So my week looks like this:
- Monday: Light weightlifting, 5 mile trail run, recovery yoga
- Tuesday: Light weightlifting, 4 mile trail run, recovery yoga
- Wednesay: Recovery yoga, go for a walk or play around on the slackline
- Thursday: Gentle yoga, Eat a big bowl of spaghetti
- Friday: Rest the legs, light stretching, drive to Appomattox, eat sweet potato and avocado tortillas
- Saturday: RACE DAY!!! Run 31 miles, eat a whole bunch of pizza and beer